February 18, 2016

Alexa's Room... A WIP

Three months in, and I've finally made a crack at decorating my child's room. Go me. But in all fairness, she's pretty damn cute, so cuddling with her is top priority these days! 

But there's something to be said for baby monitors because there's only so much sitting around you can do while mentally writing your to-do list. Bless whoever made them as awesome as they are today, with the video and sound, and being able to talk to the baby without having to walk down the hall or up the stairs. And we didn't get one that hooks up to Wi-Fi because the stories of idiots hacking into baby monitors and talking to the babies freaks me the hell out. No. Thank. You. 

Yikes, did you enjoy that little trip we took on my tangent... Anyway...

My sister, Averil, brought the ribbon bunting thing over from Singapore, and amazingly enough, it matches the quilt I'd made Alexa almost perfectly. And it's not as if we coordinated our efforts either. She'd gotten that for a friend's wedding, and brought it over since her friend didn't want to hang on to it. I love when things work out like that :)

Plus I didn't want to hang anything too heavy over her crib because I'm paranoid about things falling. Not that anything ever has fallen... Just paranoid because why the hell not :)

And yes, of course there's kitties on the quilt. Kitties all over the place. This kid of mine is going to love cats whether she wants to or not :)

I'll do a separate post on the quilt... I need to take photos when it's nice and sunny. Somehow when it's sunny, I've got my arms wrapped around the baby. 

Aside from the ribbon bunting thing (seriously, what is it called?!) I made her this banner. This is my third go at a banner... The hubs just hung his head and laughed when I told him how many times I attempted it lol! The first one, I'd used skinny lettering and absolutely hated it. The second one's lettering was super wonky and it made me want to stab it a lot. Third time's a charm, right?

While it still isn't perfect (I'm looking at it now and thinking that's still super wonky... dammit! I drew a line and everything!), I'm quite happy with it. And if I try again, the hubs might have me committed. The banner is pretty much a copy of Secret Holiday & Co's lovely banners, but I'm not about to pay $90 when I can make them myself. I say them because you know my house is going to be filled with banners that say silly things... and I'm going to make a couple for my sisters too.

Of course being a quilter, I had to stick some fabric in there. I used a tiny floral print for the back just for something special. No idea what it's called or where I even got it from... I just found a FQ of it in one of my drawers. Yeah yeah, fabric hoarder, yada yada yada.

Isn't that little doll peeking out just so cute??? My bestie Margie sent that to Alexa and I love it so hard. It's keeping the crib warm while the baby still sleeps in the bassinet in our room.

Also, the more I look at the YAY banner, the more it seems a bit sarcastic to me. YAY. No exclamation point. Just YAY. Hehehe! Suits the doll's face!

The neon pink string on the banner makes me all kinds of giddy :) Alexa has a onesie that's got tiny neon pink flowers and it's the one clothing item I can't wait to get out of the wash and slap back on hehe

There'll be more to come... I hope? There are pictures to hang (that reminds me... Self, go buy frames) and a couple of other things I'd like to get for the room... hopefully it'll be done soon. If not, well, what's she going to do about it? Haha!

6 comments:

bloated lips said...

Ahem a banner with the eff word is awesome. *hint hint*

bloated lips said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly O. said...

You sound well, Audrie. Congratulations!!

Allison said...

Glad you are contentment with mixing cuddles and creativity! I was shocked and, for a time, a little resentful of how much of 'my' time a small baby could take. You've got the right idea, treasuring the cuddles and being inspired to make for your baby ☺

mascanlon said...

Cute! And I am so glad to see soft bunting over the crib. Makes me crazy to see lovely prints framed in GLASS with sharp edges on the frames hanging over cribs or changing tables....earthquakes people! ( yes, I live in SoCal but earthquakes happen many other places) . Love seeing sweet Alexa on Instagram...toes too!

Lynn said...

Yes, do your thing in there before she starts having opinions! Ohmygosh, you are too funny. LOVE those colors of that tassel-bunting thingy and her quilt, her dolly is just adorable, and your banner is cute--a little wonky-ness suits its lack of punctuational enthusiasm haha! (Ninety dollars, are they insane?? Yours is much nicer, with the neon string and such pretty fabric on the back. Now I want to make some, too! Did you use applique' or freezer paper stencil?) My quilt- an kitty-lovin' heart can't wait to see more of the quilt you made her!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...